Wednesday, July 28, 2010

God of the Old Testament: Jesus or Allah

A debate I had with Samuel Green last night.





In the end, the Muslims were told to read all the prophets.





Given that in my presentation I quoted, in support of my claim that the Old Testament God is the same as the God of the Qur'an and that the description of God in the New Testament is totally different:


Genesis, Exodus, Numbers, 1 & 2 Samuel, Job, Hosea, Jeremiah, Isaiah, Daniel, Psalms, Proverbs, Malachi & Joel.





I'm not sure what prophets I'm missing?





Having said that, I asked on 3 occasions for the bridge between the OT and the NT which must exist through the prophetic books for both to be true to be demonstrated to me. I had no demonstration given.





Perhaps it's our Christian brothers and sisters that should consider reading the Prophets?





I expect video to be available soon, thanks to our Christian hosts and God willing, but until then here is the audio.





Despite the clear issue I have with this repeated, but unsubstantiated claim, that we don't read the prophets, I would like to thank our Christian hosts for the excellence they demonstrated in preparing the event, their hospitality and for committing to assisting my wife and I with some of the costs we incurred in making the trek to the southern reaches of the globe.














Lets continue the discussion...


2 comments:

  1. With the name of Allah, Peace be unto you brother! Ramadhan Mubarak to you and your family! Yeah lets continue the discussion indeed! About time you showed back up around here...ha! ha! ha!

    :) Keep the post regular brother, or start a series...it would be good brother if you could give me some links or site names in Australia and New Zealand of Ahl Sunnah Wal Jammah (no anti tassawuf, stuff) so that I could put that on a master list on my blog and I also defer to the Aussies and Kiwis who visit us here at the Singapore Sultan Masjid.

    As wr wb :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the name of God, Peace be unto you and ramadhan mubarakt o you and your family!

    All the best going into your debate on skype with James White, I do not know the subject of your debate, but if you had a means of contact you via e-mail there are definitely some points of interest to discuss insh'Allah.

    Hope to see you around (on here) or otherwise
    As salamu 'alikum wr wb

    ReplyDelete